Grilled steak is a family-favorite dinner at our house, and we generally try to grill enough of it to ensure a low carb steak salad for lunch the next day. You can get quite creative with the type of dressing on steak salads, but simplicity can be just as flavorful sometimes. Thinly sliced steak on a crisp radish and butter head lettuce salad the next day with a little creamy mustard dressing will make you feel like you’re a top chef! So simple, so good, so compliant!
Recipe for Low Carb Steak Salad:
Hanger steak is a great steak to use for this low carb steak salad, but of course any cut will do. Just slice the steak thinly to get the best “mouthfeel” out of the salad as it mixes with a creamy mustard dressing and crisp peppery radishes. Without further ado, here is the recipe, such as it is:
- 16 oz Steak (I like flank steak or skirt steak)
- 3 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp leaf Dried Thyme Leaves
- Lettuce, romaine or butter head is good but any kind works
- 3-4 large radishes, sliced
- 2 oz soft cheese, optional (goat cheese, blue cheese, or feta cheese is good)
- Preheat a grill. Brush both sides of the steak with some olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until steak is medium rare. Set aside. (alternatively use the grilled steak from the night before)
- In a shallow container large enough to fit the steak; whisk the mustard, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and thyme. Marinate the cooked steak for 15 minutes, remove and slice into thin strips. Set aside. Put the remaining marinade and juices into a small pan and bring to a boil for one full minute.
- Arrange lettuce, radishes, and steak slices on serving plates. Top with goat cheese, feta cheese or blue cheese and drizzle cooked marinade over the top. Serve immediately.
Online Coaching Available:
I have followed the slow carb diet for 3 years and the keto diet for 2 years now, and I have put my “been there done that” knowledge to work helping people figure it out. I am currently an online diet coach (info can be found here if you’re interested), and have just hit the 250-client mark. Come and visit me and see if online coaching might be for you!
If not for diet, there are other coaches on the site that coach anything from writing a blog, to getting up early, to getting rid of that pesky procrastination. Explore the site while you are there. There are some wonderful coaches and the testimonials will tell you what you need to know. Click here to get to my profile and then explore others from there.