My go-to favorites breakfast (or lunch) on the Slow Carb Lifestyle. It is quick (about 7 minutes) and easy and ever-so-delicious. Basically you fry some bacon, drain it, toss in fresh spinach, crack a few eggs, cover and bake a few minutes. Done! Delicious! Healthy!
How to Make Baked Eggs on a Bed of Bacon and Spinach without Overthinking:
I’m just going to briefly describe the process rather than put this breakfast into a recipe format. It is easy and flexible and you really don’t need to overthink it. Even if it comes out as a tossed up, messy scramble it will be delicious. Just use great ingredients!
- Fry up some bacon in a skillet to just under the crispiness you like.
- Drain most of the grease off, leaving the bacon in the skillet, and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Toss a handful of fresh spinach on top of the bacon.
- Crack 2 or 3 eggs on top of the spinach. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and let the eggs bake on the burner (medium-low heat) until they are the consistency you like.
- Use a spatula or just tilt and slide the whole thing onto a plate and enjoy!
**Oh, and add a couple dashes of balsamic vinegar when you add the salt and pepper. It really adds to the flavor.